Skip to main content

ALLAWEE USED TO FIGHT CORONA VIRUS: FG SAYS NO TO SUCH

The management of the national youth service corps has dismissed the allegation, which states "Corp members February allowance to fight corona-virus."

It was affirmed by the Nysc management through Social Media that the report was fake , which was done by some mischievous persons.

Here is the official statement from National Youth Service Corps as obtained by NyscAmebi correspondent.
             " MISCHIEVOUS ALLEGATION OF FUNNELING CORP MEMBERS
                ALLOWANCE TOWARDS THE FIGHT AGAINST CORONA VIRUS"

The attention of the management of the National Youth Service Corps has been drawn to an announcement, purported to been issued by the Nysc DG to the effect that the February allowance of corps members had been channelled towards the fight against corona virus.
Every discerning mind knows the press release is not true; and can never be issued by the Nysc DG.
To all intents and purposes, the false representation by the fabricators of that mischievous post smacks of insensitivity. A global issue such as the corona virus, which represent a threat to humanity should not be reduced to an object of joke.
    The management of the National Youth Service Corps and indeed Federal Government shall continue to accord top priority to the welfare of corp members.
While urging corp members to disregard the Ill-conceived post, management strongly admonishes mischief makers to desist from generating and circulating false stories on the scheme. The full weight of the law shall be visited on anyone caught in the act hence-forth.

However, the management did not mention when corp members will be paid their February Allowance which we hope to be #33,000. But be rest assured, it will be paid any moment  from now.

Thank you

 Click to like our page on Facebook, more updates and information loaded for you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What N-power is all about; Application and Registration

N-POWER~ Skills and knowledge are the driving forces of economic growth and social development. Despite the current high level of unemployment, harnessing Nigeria’s young demography through appropriate skill development efforts provides an opportunity to achieve inclusion and productivity within the country. Large-scale skill development is the main policy thrust of the N-Power Programme. N-Power is also linked to the Federal Government’s policies in the economic, employment and social development arenas. N-Power addresses the challenge of youth unemployment by providing a structure for large scale and relevant work skills acquisition and development while linking its core and outcomes to fixing inadequate public services and stimulating the larger economy. The modular programmes under N-Power will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work. The N-Power Volunteer Corp involves a massive deployment of 500,000 trained gradu...

Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama’s move to patronise local carriers for the evacuation of Nigerians abroad has suffered a setback. The Canadian government had denied a local airline, Air Peace, landing right to evacuate Nigerian citizens in Ottawa on the ground that it has no license to undertake commercial flight to that country. Mr Onyeama confirmed the development on Thursday at the daily media briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19. He however said his ministry was hopeful that the Canadian government would reverse its decision. He revealed that the Nigerian High Commissioner in Canada had opened discussion with his host government for it to have a rethink. He said: “The question on evacuation of Nigerians from Canada and the news that the Canadian government had denied landing right to the Nigerian carrier that was supposed to undertake the evacuation. “Indeed, the Canadian government denied landing right on the grounds that this particular carrier, th...

NYSC Member Joins Boko Haram and Rejects Freedom (Photo)

A former member of the  National Youth Service Corps  (NYSC) has reportedly turned down negotiation attempts to free him from Boko Haram terrorists. The ex-corps member, identified as  Abraham Amuta  made his stance known to negotiators who went to the Sambisa Forest to secure his release. Naija News  understands that the Benue-born Amuta has also renounced his Christian faith and is now a member of the  Boko Haram  sect. Abraham Amuta in his NYSC uniform He told negotiators who went to the Sambisa Forest to secure his release yesterday to go back home, Daily Trust reported. Amuta was participating in the compulsory one-year NYSC scheme for Nigerian graduates in Borno State when he was abducted on 10 April, 2019 on Gwoza-Maiduguri road while he was heading to Chibok to deliver humanitarian assistance. The ex-corps member was travelling alongside a 58-year-old man,  Pastor Moses Oyeleke  of the Living Faith Church in Maidu...